Apr 14, 2008

Roxanne - A Fine Life - Bree's Bedroom - You tell me!


Lots of things have gone on since I started this painting a couple of weeks ago.  As some of you know I just lost my sweet brother Glen who has fought cancer for over 10 years.  I will miss him so.  It was really hard seeing him suffer.  I'm glad he's at peace now. We buried him on Tuesday of last week.  Over the weekend I've been nursing a stray cat who tried to have babies but was just too young I guess.  She had surgery tonight and we're hoping she will live though her kittens didn't. We're not sure she will make it at this point. Life brings many trials sometimes.  You just have to keep kicking and find joy where ever you can.  Through it all I keep going back to the canvas.  Somehow there's peace there for me.  This painting is for my friend Bree's bedroom in the new house she just built.  Can't decide what to call it.  What do you think?  (24" x 36" acrylic on canvas)

11 comments:

Stephanie said...

How about "Daydreaming"? Tina, I think this is my favorite, besides the one of your farm! Hang in there, sister! Love ya, Steph

Carole Foret said...

Tina, this is rockin' awesome! You really captured a beautiful feeling. How about "Thoughts of Him"?

I'm sorry to hear about your cat--that is sad. Been thinking of you lots.

Blessings!
Carole

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love it! I can't wait to get it! You need to post the paintings that are in my dining room. You are absolutely wonderful...THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Tina Swindell said...

Here's more ideas for a title...
"Hat & a Half", "Contemplation", "Whats Next?", ...I kind of like...all of the above...more ideas?

Tina Swindell said...

Thanks Bree! I'm happy with this one. I wish you could see what's under it. This is the first time I've completely finished one and painted over it. Can't wait to see it in your bedroom!

Thanks Carole & Steph...my sources of inspiration!

T

Anonymous said...

Tina,
Forget her thinking about "her man"-- she's dreaming of chocolate-rich-yummy-gooey-running down you chin good chocolate!!!!!!!!! But she'll never fit into that sexy dress if she indulges.... ahh...the pain of being a woman.
I love the painting! You are so talented, friend!
Can't wait for the beach... counting the days.
Robye

Tina Swindell said...

Ahhh.....the beach....yeah!

I think I like "Contemplation" the best. We'll all have to guess what she's contemplating.

T

Anonymous said...

"all dressed up with no place to go"
"chillin like a super villain"
"love song for no one"
"that come hither stare"
"Wishing, Waiting, Wanting"
"I always look best for the dates I don't want to attend"
"Sophisticated Senorita" ( reference to large hat)
"Serenity in my Sunday Best"

Anonymous said...

"all dressed up with no place to go"
"chillin like a super villain"
"love song for no one"
"that come hither stare"
"Wishing, Waiting, Wanting"
"I always look best for the dates I don't want to attend"
"Sophisticated Senorita" ( reference to large hat)
"Serenity in my Sunday Best"

Tina Swindell said...

Hmmm...good Kace! Sophisticated Seniorita...hmmm.like that.

Leslie Willard said...

Oh my goodness Tina! I really didn't know you were this talented!!! This is FANTASTIC!!! WOW! Oh I've got to see the original... have you already given it to her?