Apr 9, 2010

Lexi - Mom cried

At last I finished the big oil portrait I've been working on for a couple of months.  It's 30" x 36" oil on canvas.  I was working from a low resolution digital picture which made it very difficult to see the details.  That's ok, I just used a little artistic freedom!  I received a note from the person who commissioned the painting for his wife....she had tears, which he said was very unusual for her.  I was so thrilled that she loved the painting!  I believe she actually took the photo of Lexi on the beach and I was struck by the colors in the dress as well as the seagull and his shadow...not to mention the water.  Such a joy to paint. 
Looking forward to the next "Coffee, Tea, and Painting Therapy" session on April 24th.  Still looking for what I want us to paint.  Any ideas?

No comments: