Jul 21, 2013

The Latest from Swindell Fine Arts

Hi there,

It's been a while but I've been very busy on my art lately.  Here are some highlights.
I finished a bridal portrait that I've been working on since my last showcase in Franklin at Wedding 101.  Here's pretty Mrs. Bree Davis McConnell, my sweet friend and the daughter of my BFF Robye Andrews.....
                                                            20" x 16" Oil on Canvas
I have to include the photo that I painted from so you know that I do somehow (unbeknownst to me if that's a word) get an uncanny likeness in my portraits.  I attribute that to "a God thing". Of course Robye took the photo and is quite an accomplished photographer so I had a great source to work from.
In addition to that I was extremely inspired by a photo my friend in Utah, Kristi Jensen posted recently on Facebook (what would we do without that communication channel...I fear I would be cut off from the rest of the planet as a person who likes to keep to myself.)  ...anyway, I saw this beautiful photo which I'm not sure she took or her husband Chuck who is also quite a photographer.
I was so inspired that I immediately got up and went to work on painting this on a board that had been sitting on my easel for weeks behind other stuff waiting for the right thing to put on it.  Here's how that turned out...
                                                                  12" x 36" Oil on board
Now I'm working on some prints from my paintings as well as pricing some originals for my FIRST Art Stroll...First time I've exhibited my art.  I'm excited!  It will be on the Athens Courthouse square on Friday, July 26 from 4:00 pm to 8:00 pm.  Please come!

See you there!

Tina

No comments: