Jun 20, 2007

Saweet Birthday!









Today was my special day of the year and all day I've basked in the glow of warmth from all of my cherished friends. My sweet husband called from Philadelphia first thing to sing Happy Birthday with Harley, the grandchild of our friends Mike and Marge McGlinchey. Then it was on to work to find cards stuffed under my door and a phone message from Peggy Sue and sweet San, and call from de'Shawn inviting me to lunch next week. Jennifer had already called and invited me to dinner one night, Robye called for lunch too, then lunch today with my dear friends who I've worked with for years at NASA... Diane, Pam, Connie, and Adonna (we missed Christine!). After work Whit and I shopped for a bit, Kacey called from Egypt (to bad... the phone dying in the middle of that conversation), then fun with my "Sister Grace" sisters tonight. We had a little fashion party, dinner, gifts, singing, dancing, etc. I even got a card from Barry and Margie and e-cards from Kacey, Carole, and Marcia! Also, some great news that my brother Glen is responding very well to his chemo...no signs of tumors where they had seen them a few weeks ago!! Praise God ...prayer does work! I'm so blessed with wonderful friends and family. Thank you Lord for every one of them and the special joys they bring to my life. Here's some pics from my special day. (To download you can right click and copy to your desktop). I'm feeling good about 51!!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

We had fun helping you celebrate, Mama Grace! "51" isn't sounding so bad after all and I'm not too far behind. Now it is on to Sister Grace birthday celebration #3 on Tuesday--the "BIG 4-0" for Baby Grace! Love ya, Steph