Jun 30, 2007

More Birthday Fun




Last night continued my birthday celebration with MORE FOOD...I went with my sweet friend Jennifer to Mikado to celebrate both my birthday...this is the first time we had a chance to get together...and her daughter, Britney's birthday. I haven't been to Mikado in years and it was lots of fun, especially the onion volcano! Now I'm in the mood to pull out the old wok.
I'm reading a great book about our town right now called F5 by Mark Levine. Bill couldn't put it down and convinced me that I needed to read it too. It's about the 1974 outbreak of tornadoes. It's beautifully written and not only is it a vivid reminder of those terrible tornadoes and their destruction, but it's about everything that was going on in our country at that time and the attitude and mood of the country. Bill was able to get an autographed copy and attended a session last night with the author at Athens State University. ...of course, I was at Mikado doing more celebrating! Check out the book! Many Athens people were interviewed and it is a great description of Athens in those days.

Joy!
Tina

3 comments:

Carole Foret said...

Tina, glad you got to celebrate some more--I love Mikado's!

I remember spending time in our neighbor's storm cellar that long weekend in April 1974. It was memorable since my grandfather died that weekend too. I was 6 years old....I may have to read that book.

Hope you're great!

Anonymous said...

That picture of Jennifer and Britney is GREAT!

Tina Swindell said...

Who is dat anonymous person?