Dec 28, 2007

Artistic Domesticity





I'm so excited with my new French Easel...I guess that was a Christmas present to myself. Found a good bargain yesterday at Alabama Art Supply. Had to have it. I tried it out in the kitchen today as I was trying out a Gumbo recipe I got from my Sister Grace Sister, Carole Foret. She's always inspiring me. This time it was her mother's recipe and she made this cute little book using IPhoto on the mac where she documented making the Roux (pronounced Roo) with her mother and her sisters. Now wasn't that a neat idea! I guess that will be my next project...been wanting to write a book! Anyway, here's some photo's from my day in the kitchen being domestic and artistic. Good combination!

6"x6" Canvas board $30 plus $5 shipping






3 comments:

Carole Foret said...

Oh, Tina! I love it! Look at your gumbo--looks awesome! Did it taste good? Your paintng looks so good too, girl! Man--you've got it going on with your new easel. I just got one of those too and have used it a couple of times--it IS cool. We need to go plein air paint this spring. Want to?

Love and miss y'all! It's snowing constantly up here in St. Paul--so pretty. And so cold. ha! Check my blog for some updates soon.

Baby G

Anonymous said...

Hey look, two comments!!! Now where is my super interesting post on that questionable topic?

- Kacey

Anonymous said...

Hey look, two comments!!! Now where is my super interesting post on that questionable topic?

- Kacey